Monday, October 22, 2012

The thing about Texas is...

There are a lot of things about Texas.  It's a big place.  First off, my mom was born there, in Austin, and I wish I could have taken more pictures of the good stuff for her.  Most the pictures I took were out of the window of a moving car, or inside the hospital. Also, there were far less giant state-shaped belt buckles and big hats than I expected.  But there were some.  And there were some super Texan guys on the airplane on my way home.

One great thing is the food, which was accompanied by the margaritas:
And my coworkers who I never see, like Candace (who is really from Tennessee):
I was on this 'expert panel'.  What I'm an expert at, I have no idea.  Cleaning cheerios off the front of cupboards and warming up milk to the exact temperature that a two-year-old will drink it at?  Nobody asked questions about those.  Anyway, if anyone wants proof that I'm an expert at something, here it is:
I guess I sortof know a lot about being a PM too.  In this slide, I talk about the project manager way of grocery shopping- geographical through the store, so that I hit everything on my list in the order I walk by it.  That's right, you didn't even have to attend my conference, you get that right here for free.
These slides don't accurately show how enormous my hair was.  One thing about Texas is, it was humid.
Also, I left my water bottle someplace in Texas, which fascinates Scarlett.  She says maybe somebody in Texas is drinking out of it now. 
It's good to be home. 

4 comments:

  1. You look like such an expert! I would totally trust what you're saying. Also, that is largely how I organize my grocery list too. Now, if only I could organize the making of the list so we didn't have to go to the grocery store so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, businesslady! Very impressive! I really like that guy's socks next to you at the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO impressed with how grown up you look!!! And I really like your tights, in addition to that guys socks too! Also, I thought it was just me being AR about grocery shopping like that, glad to know other people do as well. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't texas all about big hair?! It used to drive me crazy how Jon would make his grocery lists. He'd plan out the meals for the week and the list would be the ingredients for the recipes, each recipe taking up some random part of the sheet of paper. We were always forgetting stuff because the list MADE NO SENSE!!!! Now we do it the right way ;) in order.

    ReplyDelete