Thursday, October 18, 2012

Austin, TX

I miss Scarlett.  I miss Charlie too, but not in such an acute, homesick way.  Tomorrow I fly home, but they don't come home until the next day.  I've gotten lots of pictures from Charlie and his mom.  Scarlett playing and climbing on things and trying to drink rain water.  And I can hear her garbled voice over the phone.  But nothing compares to getting to hold her tight and kiss her sweet little chubby cheeks.  To reiterate, I am not cut out for the traveling-mama role.

In the meantime, I did my long-awaited (by who?  me, I guess) Project Management presentation today, for maybe 15 or so clients and a couple of my coworkers.  There are pictures of it somewhere, which I will post later, as I know there's nothing more interesting than pictures of me standing in front of a PowerPoint presentation. 

Austin is really lovely.  I went for a run by the river, and it's like Portland with all the greenery and all the exercisers, except it's far more humid and my hair is really huge.  I've had my share of margaritas and good Mexican food, and time with work friends who I rarely get to see.  I have a whole lot of work waiting for me once I get home, but that's not to be dealt with until Monday, and I get to see Scarlett on Saturday, and Polly will occupy me on Friday so I don't sit around counting down the time until my little girl is back. 







No comments:

Post a Comment