Monday, October 15, 2012

Separation Anxiety, day 1

Today Charlie and Scarlett got on an airplane headed to Chicago.  I leave tomorrow for Austin, for work.  In another life, I would be super excited to go, and eat cheese plates that someone else paid for.  But this afternoon, I just miss my little girl.  We have been apart for two nights, twice, and that was sad enough (probably only for me, not for her).  But this is five nights, which feels like too much.  I know some moms do this a lot, and probably enjoy it, but not this one.

I asked her to pose for a picture before we went to the airport, and this is what she gave me:
With her silliness and smile, she will take Chicago by storm.

1 comment:

  1. Want to work together at a coffee shop this afternoon, to make freedom easier to bear? I can bring you some books for the plane . . .

    ReplyDelete