Friday, September 2, 2011

EP IL, Day 4

Today we took Scarlett for ice cream at Rainbow Cone.  They gave her what is most certainly an adult-sized cone, and she ate the top but refused to bite the cone part.  Instead, she used her finger to scoop out the ice cream from inside.  I'm proud of her creative thinking.  I've always known she was a genius, but this really solidifies it.



We went out to the forest preserves, where Scarlett didn't seem to mind the terrible heat and ran around happily in a field.  She also played in well water that her grandpa pumped, and laughed while she ran down the hill falling.


On Wednesday morning, Charlie took me on a running tour of Evergreen Park; we ran by all the elementary schools and the catholic schools and houses of his old friends, etc etc.  It was lovely, until we were about a block from his parents' house and I got stung by a bee.  Mid-stride.  I had hoped to report by now that my leg was healed but instead, there's a big red spot and it's really itchy and ugly.  We are planning another husband-wife run tomorrow (since Grandma is around to babysit) so please hope for the best.

Also, Midwest thrift stores are awesome and I cannot get enough of them.  I bought so many 10 cent kid's books and cute outfits that we will need an extra suitcase coming home.

This is a picture of an unhappy child who took too much time trying to buckle {"myself, myself" she says} herself into the car seat so mama did it instead. 

1 comment:

  1. just in case you need some unsolicited advice--i carry apis mel in my purse for bee stings and it works really well--i know you wouldn't have it tucked in your shoe or something on a run. i never actually have it when i need it, but it's a homeopathic and it helps them stop hurting fast. cuz they do hurt. i hope your run today was better.
    x

    ReplyDelete