Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Toddler For Sale

We've had some rough nights lately because Scarlett, our sweet angel who a few weeks ago was offering me kisses and asking to hug me extra at bedtime, has turned into a total ....  She gets out of bed immediately after we leave the room.  Like, 20 times.  She wants a drink of water, or to go potty, or for us to talk about her day again.  She wants to sleep in our bed, or she doesn't like her room, or it's too light or not light enough.  She is throwing bedtime tantrums unlike any I've ever seen, and it's exhausting us but it doesn't seem to be exhausting her.  She's also getting up at night- something she has never done- and walking out of her room.  Sometimes she goes back to bed easily, sometimes not.  I'm so tired that I don't even know if this has been happening for 5 days, or two weeks.  It reminds me of her 0-6 month phase, where we'd take hours to try and gently coerce her to fall asleep and she'd wake up again 20 minutes later.  Now, I just stand in the doorway and when she opens the door, I point to the bed and tell her to go to sleep.  I even took Arnie away for a while, but he's my bargaining chip and after that, she had no reason to stay in bed.  

I'm explaining all this because everything is a phase (right?) and soon she'll be over this, and back to being lovely and sweet at night, and I will read this post and laugh about how dramatic I'm being.  

In the meantime, here are some adorable photos of actual Christmas morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment