Sunday, December 16, 2012

Appreciation

I wish that the reminders I get to appreciate my family and my life and my beautiful child didn't have to be so painful.  I can hardly write about what's happened in Connecticut because it makes me cry, I have never felt so affected emotionally by something that has happened far away from me.   But I will admit that I have loved on Scarlett and giggled with her and cuddled with her more over the last few days than I otherwise would have (and believe me, this kid gets a lot of love and giggles anyway).  It feels disrespectful to go on with my life and feel happy and enjoy my loved ones, when other families are dealing with the unimaginable, but if we all don't do that, then the worst people win.

So here are some happy and cheerful things.

This is my little frog, who is sitting on a lily pad next to her little frog.   She honestly thinks she's a frog.  She ribbets around the house.  Sometimes she is a fish frog, or a frog giant, or a fish frog giant, but always a frog.  She wants to eat with the green spoon and wear the green pants. 


Yesterday we were reading a story about blind men and an elephant.  And she asked, are they blind in this picture?  I said yes, blind people are always blind.  She said "They are only blind when they're outside, not inside." 

On Friday, Scarlett had her first slumber party at our home, where Hope stayed the night.  We did pedicures, and she & Hope slept in the big bed together.  Scar woke up very early in the morning, confused asking to go back and sleep in her own bed.  But otherwise, it was a huge success and hopefully the first of many.



No comments:

Post a Comment