Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Scarlett's first Thanksgiving was spent at home, with lots of cousins who came to play.  We had 3 babies under the age of one, and 4 other kids 10 and under.
Lucy, Scarlett, Hope, Esther, Eleanor

I've been looking for a reason to put Scarlett in this poodle-skirt-ish outfit.  Thanksgiving seemed like the proper occasion...although tights are really impractical for changing a diaper.


Along with the traditional Thanksgivingy stuff, we had this awesome stew that Aunt Sarah made.  The pumpkin is called a Long Island Cheese Pumpkin, which pretty much sounds like the best thing ever.  The next day, Scarlett and I ate the leftovers for two meals in a row.
We also had pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkin cheesecake, berry crisp, and chocolate mousse.  And brussels sprouts that I want to make for dinner every night.

Gus, ready to dig in
Scarlett and Grandma
Jon, Charlie, baby Forest
Sarah, baby Esther, Tom, Sally
Forest is just five weeks younger than Scarlett, and they spent some time playing adorably on the floor together.  But all the pictures I took of that were blurry.  So, you'll have to settle for pictures of Charlie and I with Forest.


Hope and Scarlett, taking a pre-dinner walk
Sarah and I with our awesome babies
Towards the end of the night, Gus and Uncle Robert started working on a puzzle.  After the younger kids went to sleep, we helped.  I haven't done a puzzle in years, probably.  It's super addicting.  I am pretty sure I'm going to quit my job and start professionally puzzling someday.  This has started a tradition though- Charlie and I have decided that we want to do a puzzle every Thanksgiving.  When Scarlett gets older, maybe she can pick out a puzzle for us to work on as a family.  Right now, she mostly wants to digest the puzzle pieces.
Here was the finished product:
Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily - This Florida Hoesing loves following your blog! I think I found the link through a comment on Sarah's... Anyway, fun seeing a few pics of our out West relatives on Thanksgiving. Looks like you all had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, and soon you'll be a member of the Mama club. It's the best club.

    ReplyDelete