Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Parenting Fog

Charlie and I think Scarlett has one of those Men In Black memory erasers, and that she uses it at night.  She hasn’t been sleeping well lately because of her teeth (did I mention there are 3 new ones coming in at once?  THREE!).  So in the mornings, we wake up and can’t remember if we got up with her during the night, or we’ll remember getting up once and think we got up a second time, but we’re not sure.  We ask: did you hear me get up?  Was that last night, or the night before?  Which, is actually fine, because I’m much happier when I think I’ve gotten a lot of sleep.  But it makes me think that parenting at night is like being drunk- you’re walking around in this haze and afterwards, it’s hard to recall what exactly happened.

Scarlett is a little unsure what book to read or toy to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment