Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunt Kelly!

Happy Birthday to Kelly, from Scarlett.  [My plan had been to insert a photo of the two of them here.  But I don't have one with me at work, so please settle for this picture of Scarlett alone.]
 And happy one month birthday to little Zoe, who is my friend DeAnna's new little girl.
When I was pregnant, there were so many other people pregnant at or around the same time.  My two closest friends had babies just before I did, and my three sisters-in-law all have kids that are less than a year younger or older than Scar.  At the time, it was so nice to have other people to discuss pregnancy with, to commiserate with when my hips hurt, and to ask when something strange happened.  But it's even more fun now, we know so many babies.  Scarlett is at the point where playdates with other kids are actually entertaining for her.  And although I still think of her as my tiny little baby, she is starting to seem more like a toddler: moves around constantly, never wants to be held for very long, has a mind of her own.  And although sometimes I miss when she was Zoe's age and would just sleep in my arms all day, I am in love with the way she smiles all big when I get home from work, starts kicking her legs in excitement, and reaches out her arms for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment