Sunday, November 14, 2010

9 months

Today is Scarlett Ray's 9 month birthday, and there is so much to say.  This past month has been milestone central!  She weighs 19 pounds 3 ounces, which puts her right at the 50th percentile for weight.  She's also at 50% for height. 

    Shopping Cart Ride
    Magazine Chaos
  • She waves, although rarely at the appropriate time.
  • She claps
  • She mumbles a lot, the only discernable word being 'mamamamama'.  Is she saying Mama?  I'm not really sure- she says it when she's crying, so maybe she's calling for me, but she says it other times too, for no reason.
  • She's learned to pull herself up into standing position.  From there, she's not sure what to do, so she stands for a while and then just sits back down.
  • In the past couple weeks, she has acquired FOUR new teeth- the front top row of her mouth.  The fourth is just coming in as we speak.  Her smile is going to change so much- I'm so excited to see what it looks like, but sad to realize that my baby girl is growing up and maturing and turning into her own little person.  
  • Her daddy taught her to turn the light switch on & off
  • She does a lot of pretend walking.  After work I always ask how she and Charlie spent the day, and he tells me they walked laps around the living room, over and over.
  • She had her first Halloween & her first time celebrating mama's birthday (which marked Charlie & I going on our first post-baby date!)
  • She's eaten some new foods: peaches, applesauce, pears, butternut squash, peas, tahini, beets, beans.  I'm not sure what Charlie thinks, but I'd say her favorite food is the homemade applesauce. [Update: Charlie thinks bananas]
  • This month, I also had my second overnight away (first being Hood to Coast), leaving Scarlett alone with Charlie for the evening. 
  • She loves taking things out of boxes/cupboards/drawers.  Every day, she takes all the magazines from under the coffee table and throws them into a pile on the floor.  We put them back, and she starts over again.
  • Just yesterday, she took her first ride in a shopping cart  
  • She can hold her sippy cup to drink water without help


Scarlett is very affectionate and playful, and stubborn.  And, I just think she's the most interesting person I've ever met.  I tell her everyday how happy I am to be her mama.  I feel like the luckiest person in the world. 

Happy 9 months, oatmeal-face

1 comment:

  1. She reminds me of Hope when her hair is side-swept like that. Happy 9 months, Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete