Monday, October 11, 2010

Visit from Uncle Shawn

This weekend, my brother came to visit from California.  It only took Scarlett about 10 minutes to get over her usual stranger-waryness, and Uncle Shawn quickly became one of her favorite people.





We drove down to Eugene to visit my parents and Scarlett played with her little friend, Tavish.



Charlie came back to Portland early to run the inaugural Portland Half Marathon.  He finished in one hour and 51 minutes- way to go baby that is f&*king awesome!  I was sad I couldn't be there to cheer him on and take a finish line picture for the blog.  So instead, I took a picture of what Scarlett and I were doing around the time of his incredibly impressive finish. I ran a 5k that morning so at least there's a sweaty runner in the picture.



Scarlett playing music with Grandma.



 She watched a lot of football with Uncle Shawn and her daddy.



She was sad when it was time to leave and she had to say goodbye to Grandpa.



On the way back to Portland, my brother and I drove my a dead beaver on the side of the road.  We had to stop and take a picture.  Have you ever seen one of those?  They're huge!  My brother is a Ducks fan so he found some irony in this poor little roadside attraction.

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to have you in town. We need to live closer. Smooch on the girl for me!

    ReplyDelete