Wednesday, October 6, 2010

3 months 3 months 3 months

I'm still trying to catch up with all the blog posts that I would have written if I'd started the blog earlier. 

During her third month, Scarlett and I went to Eugene to watch Aunt Kelly & Uncle Johan walk the Eugene half-marathon.  Scarlett needs to get used to being a sideline supporter at races, because it's going to happen to her a lot.

Ella and Scarlett, matching PJs


She also visited her Doggett cousins for the first time.  Little Forest is 5 weeks younger than Scarlett and already, they were whispering about all the trouble they're going to cause later in life.

Forest and Scarlett, planning their escape

The end of month 3 also marked the end of maternity leave.  I was fortunate in that I worked from home for another 3 months, and was able to spend time with Scarlett throughout the day.  But those first months were really special.  As Pam from The Office said "Maternity leave rocked. It rocked my ass off."  I concur.

Scarlett at 3 months, with daddy

1 comment:

  1. it's funny you call him little when it looks like he's gonna eat her, or roll over and smash her. :)

    ReplyDelete