Monday, October 4, 2010

To Crawl, or Not to Crawl

The crawling is OFFICIAL.  She's not just scooting or falling forward or sliding on her belly.  She still does those things, but now she does some actual crawling too. 














And most nights, she sleeps through the night.  As many of you know, the sleeping thing has been the hardest part about parenthood for me.  We had some trouble but, around the 6 month mark, Scarlett started sleeping pretty well and I hope I'm not jinxing that by saying it.  But the issue is, she likes to wake up SO EARLY.  This morning it was 5:40am.  Sometimes it's earlier.  There's the occasional day where she stays asleep until 6:30, but those days are rare.  I like seeing her in the morning before work, but I think a pre-6:30am wake up is unreasonable.  I've tried telling her this, but she disagrees.  So the only thing I can think of is revenge.  When she's 16, I'm going to wake her up at 5:40am every day.  I look forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, self-initiated movement is a big step. Congratulations (to Scarlett)! And, good luck baby proofing the house (to you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents woke me up at 7 every weekend as a teenager. That's painful enough.

    ReplyDelete