Thursday, October 14, 2010

8 Months

Happy 8-month birthday, Scarlett Ray!  You have accomplished so much over the past few weeks, including:

  • Pulling yourself up into standing position in your crib
  • Chewing on power cords, heater vents, wheel spokes- really anything dirty or dangerous
  • Eating tofu- first you didn't like it, but I tried again and you gobbled it right up.  Just like mama!
  • Eating, and disliking, yogurt.
  • Crawling everywhere- now without any trouble.  You're suddenly so sure in your movement and you're going fast.
  • Taking a sudden interest in the terrier, Tavish, chasing him around and trying to pull his hair
  • I FORGOT: You learned to high-five.  You love it, it makes you smile and giggle.  Although, you currently think 'high five' means to slap hands a whole bunch of times in a row, more like a high fifteen.

Tonight, I want to give you some peaches or nectarines.  This will be your first sweet food, I think you're going to love it.

And you have another tooth coming in, on the top.  This has made the past day pretty hard, because I think your little gums are hurting.  I feel so sad for you.  You woke up at 11 last night just sobbing and reaching out for mom and dad.  We took turns holding you and singing to you.  We're here, baby, I promise.  We love you.  Happy 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment