Monday, October 7, 2013

I Love Marathoners

Yesterday, my two most hardcore friends ran the Portland Marathon, on a beautiful sunny day.  I'm beaming with pride just thinking about it, how many miles they have run this summer to prepare.  ERIN AND MAGGIE, I AM SO PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU!!

We did some cheering, along the way:
 
I did a little running at the end, to help them along, and we sang Lean On Me and chanted.  They ran 18 miles before I caught up with them, but they mostly seemed fine at the end.  A little tired, achey, ready to be done, but overall much more cheerful and determined than anyone has to be after so much distance.  Here they are, looking strong and pretty badass as the finish:




We also cheered on Grandma, who was kicking major ass at the half-marathon.  She stopped to get a Scarlett hug along the way.

Then early this morning, I got on a plane to NYC for work.  Scarlett fell asleep in the car last night, on the way home from dinner for Aunt Sally's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLY!!!) so I didn't get to say a formal goodbye before I left.  I don't get to help make her lunch this week, or snuggle with her in her new bed.  She is happy at home with dad, and tonight when we spoke it was easier to understand her little high-pitch voice, but still, I miss being there for her nights and mornings.  The good news is, she loaned me her pink suitcase with the frog on it, because I promised to bring it home filled with presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment