Friday, October 11, 2013

Future Athletes of America

I just got home from NYC today.  I saw my first Broadway show- Once, which was perfect just as the movie is perfect- and I ordered a $14 glass of wine just so I could patron the on-stage bar.  A few things I learned, so I can blend in better next time:
  • Don't call intermission 'half-time'
  • Don't hurry across the street. Dare the cars to hit you, like a true New Yorker.
  • The 'hot nuts' stands (those nuts are awesome) are on every corner, until the time when I actually want the nuts.  Last night, I walked around for almost a half-hour looking for one, so I could bring some home to Scar.

And so, on to the real blog topic.

The day before Erin and Maggie's 26.2, the kids did their own race.  Here are Ramona and Scarlett, getting all pumped up for their kid race.  They ran a quarter-mile around a track, then did some obstacle courses, had bouncy house time, and drank chocolate milk. 

Dance-party warm-up.
Kids running is such an adorable site.


Last year Scar was wary of the bouncy house obstacle course but this year she loved it and went through it over and over. 


They also had some laying-down-on-the-ground time:
And a kiddo obstacle course.  When it gets warm, I want to set something like this up in the backyard, with tires to jump through and something to duck underneath.  That way, Scarlett and Ramona can train for the apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment