Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Real Easter

On Scarlett's first Easter, I was sitting on the couch holding her, while Charlie was in the kitchen making homemade perogies.  Scarlett was fussy, and no matter what I did- holding her, nursing her, rocking her- she kept crying.  I picked her up, I set her down.  I walked, I sat.  I was starting to get panicky, was she sick?  We tried lots of things and she was just unhappy.  Finally, Charlie put her in the sling and took her into the kitchen, and she happy hung out in the sling all afternoon and made perogies with daddy.

Nowadays, they do a lot of kitchen activities together during the day. Baking pizza dough, bread, and bagels, and roasting coffee. 

Easter this year was nice.  We went for a family run and Scarlett sat happily in the jogging stroller, eating this here chocolate bunny.

First chocolate bunny EVER

We painted eggs, and as a result I will be eating a lot of egg salad sandwiches this week.  We had three shades of green, obviously. 




Polly and Charlie like to dress matchy-match and eat rice pudding together. At first, Scarlett wouldn't even try the rice pudding.  I was finishing up making it, and offered her a lick from the wooden spoon, but she scrunched up her mouth and shook her head.  But later, she saw me eating it ravenously from the almost-empty pan and suddenly she was interested.  So yes, rice pudding hot and straight from the pan, delicious.

I also made this tart with caramelized onions and cauliflower.  And cheese.  And truffle salt.

Then we had the mandatory cousintime, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment