Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

My plane landed in NYC and I was at baggage claim, trying to figure out how to get to my hotel.  Charlie texted, did you see a bomb went off at the finish line of Boston?  I hadn't.  I wish I never had. 

I love the Boston Marathon.  I follow the elite runners online every year, and would have if I hadn't been on the plane yesterday morning.  Charlie's sister missed her qualifying time by a matter of only about 7 minutes this year.  Lord, I am so thankful.  She could have been there, and my nieces, at the finish.  I've been at the finish line of more marathons than I can count- there's so much joy, and perseverance, it always brings tears to my eyes.  The marathon brings out the very best in people- runners and volunteers and crowds.  People being proud of total strangers is such a beautiful thing to see.

Our friends in Boston are runners, one is also a surgeon, working yesterday.  I find myself once again just wanting to hug my runner husband and my little girl, and keep my family right next to me at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment