Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It Ain't Easy Being Green

Dan the frog had a rough trip to the park.

We went for Jon's birthday (happy birthday Jon!) and there was a table of food, and picnic baskets, and blankets and chairs.  Dan is Scarlett's second-in-command, trumped only by Arnie.  I try not to let her take Arnie out in public, in case something bad happens.  Something bad does!  Dan and his frog BFF were lounging around on the blankets when the following events occurred. 


  • Two dogs are running around in the grass.
  • One of them swoops onto our blanket, grabs Dan, runs off.
  • I start chasing the dog, Charlie comforts Scarlett, who started crying.
  • The dog starts fighting with the other dog over Dan and I'm trying to stop them, but also I'm kindof afraid of dogs.
  • Their owner watches, mostly seeming bored and unhelpful.
  • Finally she grabs one dog.  I pretend to be friends with the other dog, who then drops Dan and runs to me.
  • Poor Dan had to have his broken leg mended.  He is all fixed, but as you can tell by the single-serving wine box in the upper left corner of this picture, he's been having a hard time post-surgery.



No comments:

Post a Comment