Friday, July 20, 2012

Clam Chowder at Cannon Beach

Saturday was Uncle Tom's birthday (and also Bastille Day, Viva La France!) so we went to the beach for some cousintime and to destroy other people's abandoned sandcastles.

It was overcast, but Scarlett managed herself a mild sunburn because in Oregon, overcast is practically the same thing as sunshine.
The focus at first was sandcastle-making.  

And running up to the water, then running away really fast.  Scarlett and I stood together in the low tide and I told her, it feels like we're moving but we're not.  And she said "I don't like moving!  I don't like moving!"  It seemed like she did, though.
The focus later was on eating fruit leathers.  Even one that had been dropped into the salty sand and picked back up and shoved into the mouth.

Esther did baby yoga. 

Afterwards, we had dinner and Scarlett ate her body weight in clam chowder.  Was it the chowder or was she hungry from an afternoon on the beach?  I have no idea, but she ate many bowls and kept asking for more.  As a mother who worries that my child doesn't eat enough dinner, I was very proud and full of chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment