Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Arnie's Special Day

Scarlett woke up yesterday morning and declared that it was Arnie's birthday.  I had no idea- what a bad giraffe mama I am.  She was so excited.  We sang happy birthday to him and he sat on the counter watching her eat a smoothie.  When I left for work, I promised to bring Arnie home a birthday present.  "a for reals present" she said. 

Thankfully, Tom found a bouncy ball at the farm and it ended up in the trunk of our car, so I had a gift for Arnie.  I think she lost it after about 15 minutes.  We took Arnie for a birthday walk and showed him all the cars, houses, and strawberry plants.

After dinner, Arnie had pretend birthday cake and Scarlett had for reals sorbet, and we sang more happy birthday.  And when she woke up this morning the first thing she said is, It's still Arnie's birthday!

On the birthday walk...

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if it is our Arnie's birthday as well...do those sorts of things translate? How cute and creative Scarlett is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would assume all Arnies have the same birthday, right? Or maybe every day is a birthday for Arnies. I like that one of his special activities is getting to watch her eat a smoothie. Gee, how lucky?

    ReplyDelete