Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July, extended

Part 2

On Thursday, Scarlett and her cousins dressed up in their finest concert gear, and we went to the Edgefield to see Ben Harper.  I love my family, I love Ben Harper, I love the Edgefield- it was a trifecta of wonderful things.

Proving that brothers-in-law can be good for something after all, Tom got us into the VIP section. This means space, chairs, free food and drinks.  But best of all, it means porta-potties without a line, ones that are clean and nearby, ones that Scarlett used about 15 times.

Ben is as lovely as always, as he was 10 years ago when he used to tour more and I could see him twice a year and he had big huge hair.

Charlie made the shirts, they were a big hit.
"Nice shirt." "Hey, you too!"
Rocking the Ben shirt, and a string cheese. She knows how to party.

For the second night in a row, Scar stayed up until close to 11pm.  And she slept in until 8 the next morning, which is almost unheard of in our world, because Scarlett is like me and rarely sleeps late. 

For DeAnna, who is maybe the only other person that might care, here's a lil' recording of Ben.

2 comments:

  1. Remember when we saw Ben at the Horde Festival? Good times :) Scarlett is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do! It feels like a lifetime ago. Did we sleep in the car on the side of the road, on the way back? I think maybe.

    ReplyDelete