Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winter running is AWESOME.

Holiday Half-Marathon

It was cold on Sunday, like 31 degrees.  I woke up early and put on my tattoo arm warmers.  Heather braided my hair Viking-style, because it makes me faster.  Then we stood in a big mass of people outside Adidas and Annie said 'this is crazy.  every time I do this, I think how crazy it is.'  And it is.  Who willingly wakes up early on a Sunday, in the winter, and stands in the cold for 15 minutes before running 13 miles?  Oh, you know, just THESE people...
Emily, Greg, Jody, Heather, little Samara

This picture was taken of us at the finish.  Not a drop of puke on any of our faces.

This was my seventh half marathon, and my fastest by 10 minutes.  Heather and I finished in 2 hours and 7 minutes- beating my goal time by 3 minutes.  I also felt better than I've felt after a half before, probably because Sally gave me a proper training plan and I STUCK TO IT.  Now, I find myself eyeing the 2 hour mark- it seems far away, but reachable.  On the right day, in the right weather and the right course, with the right running partner, maybe...

1 comment:

  1. rock on... we were gone or we'd have come to cheer ya on! xox!

    ReplyDelete