Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

Today at lunch I said "Don't forget to drink your milk."  Scarlett replied "Don't forget to drink your coffee Mama."

These days at mealtimes she's mostly sitting in a regular chair instead of the high chair, and practicing drinking from a regular cup, instead of the sippy cup.  We're working on the potty training, and it feels like two steps forward and one back, but progress nonetheless.  On Christmas day, she was in big girl underpants for all her awake hours.  The next day, she had accidents in three pairs before I gave up and put her back in a diaper.  Maybe she is the one training me to have patience, rather than me training her to use the potty.

She likes to talk about when she was a tiny baby, all the things we did differently.  I carry her around cradled in my arms like an infant.  I tell her- when you were a tiny baby, you didn't demand fruit roll-ups all the time.  The other day we were walking into another room and I asked, want me to carry you like a tiny baby?  She said 'just like a normal baby' and she walked by herself.
Sitting on a bench with the big kids
Out with the 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment