Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bath Fail

Scarlett decided last week that she's done taking baths.  She's taken a bath every night before bed for 8 or 9 months.  It's part of our routine, a way for her to wind down, a nice transition between daytime and night time.  But for the past few baths, she's in there about two minutes and decides she's done.  She stands up and makes the 'all done' sign with her hands, and if we try to sit her down, she gets fussy.

I'm feeling sad, because I love bath time, I love sitting by the tub and reading to her, and pouring water on her back.  I'm also not sure how to handle the transition now.  She always goes to sleep so easily, and bedtime is so smooth, and I think it's because there's an activity to help her calm down, that signals sleep on the horizon.  But now what?  She won't sit still long enough for books, unless we're out in the living room. I've taken her into the shower to clean her off, but that's not very calming.  I feel like we've started going straight from high-energy daytime to lights-off night, and there's no middle activity to smooth it out.


My baby is getting so big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment