Thursday, April 14, 2011

14 months

My dear Scarlett,

This month, you've been smiling nonstop.  You laugh.  You run to us with arms open wide for big hugs.  You kiss.   You are so happy and playful, I can't help but feel like as your parents, we've done something right.

On walks, your dad and I will hold your hands and swing you in between us.  So now, if you want us to swing you, you'll stop and lift up one leg.  You also do this when you want us to carry you, or pick you up to put you in the bath tub.  Stop, lift one leg, then look up at us as in 'you do the next step mom'. 

I showed you how to skip and march.  But when you try, you just squat in one place.

You know the sounds made by cows, owls and lions.  But ask what a dog says, you just answer 'dog'.

After work, if it's sunny, we've been walking up the street to visit the three dogs that live around the corner.  Next to them is a backyard full of chickens, so we've started looking at those too.  The other day, you reached through the fence to pat one little dog on his nose.

One really exciting development is that you will now sit on our laps, looking at books for a long time. Sometimes we read the same book 4 times in a row.  Other times, you get bored after the first page and reach for a new one.  Your favorite books lately are 100 First Words, where you point at all the pictures because you know so many of them, and Animal Kisses, where you like to touch the velvety cow lips and kiss all the animals.  Sometimes, you love on your books too much.

Bedtime routine has changed.  I no longer get to hold you at night- you're too squirmy and want to lay down in your crib, so I sit next to it and sing to you, and I put my hand through the slats in the crib and you reach out for it.

My car hit 100,000 miles this month too.

Thank you for being my happy little girl.  Happy 14 months!
Love mama

No comments:

Post a Comment