Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weekending

We took a quick overnight trip to Eugene last weekend, to celebrate a very belated Christmas.  Scarlett slept in a pack & play in my parents' bathroom.  She tried to dive head-first down a flight of stairs.  She played in the tupperware drawer in the kitchen because, even when there are real toys around, plastic containers are still her favorite.

I would call this picture 'Three dads, standing'


Scarlett with Aunt Kelly


Scarlett practicing being 'gentle' with Tavish.  Lately, she has gotten more excited about dogs and cats.  We practice making animal noises to her.  During diaper changes, I try to distract her with a little book, asking her to look for the picture of the cat or the duck.  She and Charlie went to the zoo this week and she was enamored with the fish, because they were near the glass so she could see them close up.


Dads and babies 


Johan and Ella in their Ducks gear. 


Here I have two babies- one who won't look at the camera, one who really doesn't want me to be holding her.  But Ella, I am your Auntie Emily!  I will spoil you with extra dessert when you are older!  One really cute thing about Ella lately is that she's at the point where she understands a lot, and is really honest.  Someone asked 'Can I hold you?' and she shook her head no.  Scarlett would wait until someone was holding her, and then start squealing.


Auntie Lauren with Scarlett
 

Two babies playing together.  Are they even babies anymore?  Once they're walking- which Scarlett is in small chunks, like a zombie, with her arms out and her feet unbalanced but still moving- I guess that means they're toddlers?

No comments:

Post a Comment