Saturday, January 29, 2011

Last year, this year

Exactly one year ago, our midwife painted my enormous belly with a picture of what was inside.  As we waited impatiently for our baby to arrive, she suggested we go out to dinner just the two of us, something we might not get to do for a while.  We went to the Country Cat, by our house.  There was another pregnant woman there.  I ordered a seafood stew with crab, and I was mad when it came with the crab in the shell.  I just wanted to eat.  I didn't want dinner I had to work for.  In the process of unshelling (deshelling?) the crab, I got soup all over my shirt.  It was only once we got home and I removed the shirt to put it in the wash that I remembered what was on my belly.


And this year we picked up hot dogs and fries on our way home, and ate them at the kitchen table while our little girl ate her dinner right next to us in the high chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment