Friday, January 14, 2011

11 months

Dear Scarlett Ray,
Today is your 11 month birthday, and you are suffering through your first fever and an infection.  Last night you slept in our bed, something you haven't done since you were two or three months old.  You're much bigger and noisier and moving around more now, and at one point, you had your head in daddy's armpit and your diaper in my face.  This is really just the culmination of a hard two weeks, which included:

Your first bout of throwing up
Stepping on a shard of glass

But you're tough, and you like to smile and play even when feeling sick.  My favorite new thing this month is that when I come home from work, I walk up the porch steps and your chubby little face is staring at me through the door, you are pounding on the glass and smiling at me.  You're so happy that mama is home.  And baby, that feeling is reciprocal.  You have also started waving a little at us as we're leaving.  You've celebrated Christmas and New Years for the first time; eaten parsnips, apple juice, brussel sprouts, asparagus, lentils and crackers for the first time.  You've started saying b'nananana when you see your favorite food up sitting on the counter.  You weigh 20 pounds and 5.5 ounces, as of yesterday.  You were doing well at taking several steps in a row, until this fever sidelined you.  I cannot believe that your next birthday will be the big one.  I love you so much.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment