Saturday, August 1, 2015

Lauren, with love

Today, the world lost a beautiful and vibrant soul, and I will have a hole in my heart forever.  Lauren Elizabeth was my first friend in high school, when we were 15.  But years of diabetes and kidney issues, going on and off the transplant list, many false hopes and setbacks, left her body weak.  Her spirit has been so strong throughout, I just never thought I would have to say goodbye.  Lauren has always been like a sparkling light in this world.  It hasn't hit me fully yet, that her light it out.

Amidst all this heardbreak, I am very thankful.  I was able to see her and say goodbye, even though I'm told that her brain was already gone by that point.  I was able to hold her hand and cry with her family, who have treated me like family since I was a kid. 


Auntie Lauren always loved Scarlett, she always made people feel special, she always knew the right thing to say and to wear.  I will never forget you my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment