Monday, August 17, 2015

Charlie, age 35

A belated happy birthday to my bestest guy!



It's been a hard few weeks so I hope I can be forgiven for posting this late. Charlie got a severe concussion.  Lauren is gone.  It's been confusing and complicated and busy, but I've been feeling so grateful for my loving and supportive family, for a husband who gives me all the hugs and sadness time that I need, and he is sad too.  Sometimes I feel okay, but there's this nagging feeling that I can't escape, and then I remember about Lauren and I feel so lost and sad all over again.  I think it is getting better, because that is happening less often.  Scarlett picked out a photo of she and Lauren to put on her wall in a frame, so we can look at her.  I'm not ready to hang it up yet, though.

We had a party for Charlie and it was nice, with fish tacos and lots of friends and kids.  Happy birthday to you baby, concussion and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment