Saturday, November 29, 2014

Peaks and valleys

This has been a very up & down week for the Dickersons.

The up: Last Sunday, I ran my fastest ever half-marathon, 1 hour 58 minutes, smashing my goal time by 2 full minutes.  There was coffee at the finish line.  It's the first time my brother has seen me finish a race.  Things were perfect.  I felt so strong and powerful and thrilled.

The down: The next day, I came down with the flu.  For 24 full hours I was in my bed with chills and muscle aches, not enough energy to even sit upright.  It was awful and even now, a few days later, I'm living very gently to make sure I recover.

The up: Grandma and Grandpa came to visit from Chicago!  Scarlett has been talking about this nonstop, counting down the days.  We had a lovely, huge Thanksgiving with family in our newly remodeled kitchen.

The down: Scarlett is now sick, some kind of tummy virus that's different from what I had, but equally unpleasant.  She and I have done a fair amount of cuddling and watching movies, but she's missing valuable grandparent time.

Looking forward to the next up, and maybe some solid ground for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment