Thursday, August 22, 2013

Scarlett goes to school

Dear Scarlett,

Today, we took you to visit your preschool for the first time.  You picked out a green dress last night, but this morning you decided on blue with white polka dots.   Before we left, you said 'I'm so excited!' and I said I was too, but I'm also sad and nervous.  I am excited, some days.  From now on, you will always been a school kid, you won't be our baby at home anymore, that's hard for mama to handle right now.

Yesterday you looked at pictures of your teachers, Katie and Whitney, and wondered what their favorite animals and colors are.  Today you got to meet them in person, and Katie watched you walk all around the room with wide eyes.  Your picked out a pig sticker to put on your water cup, did a puzzle with a frog, played with some cylinder blocks, and read a book. 

There are more partial, orientation-type days over the next few weeks, where you'll get to meet the other kids slowly.  I looked at all their names, written over hooks by the door, and wondered which ones would be your friends.  I will miss you so much when you're at school, even though I'm usually at work anyway.  Right now, I can get a picture of you anytime I want, and I get to hear all about our day from dad, and that will be changing. 

Watching you sit at the little chairs and talk to your teachers, you make me so proud.

Today:
Me: "I love you so big!"
Scar: "I love you so wide!"
M: "I love you so deep."
Scar: "I love you so fast."

I could have that conversation for hours.  You are the best, my big girl.
Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment