Sunday, June 23, 2013

Esther Rose, age 3

Dear Esther,

When your older sister was born, she had all my attention from the first minute.  There were four adults- your parents, plus Uncle Charlie and I- cuddling with her and passing her around and just being totally infatuated with her.  I would come over and hold her and sing to her, and as she got older, she loved her Aunt Emily best.  Once she could talk, she would say she loved Mama, sometimes Cooper, and then me.

When you were born, Scarlett was four months old and I was so preoccupied with her and with my new life as a mom that I think I missed out on you as baby.  I held you some, but I never got to bond with you like I did with Hope.  You've always liked Charlie better anyway.  He joked that it only seemed fair, that he had a niece who loved him best too.

I love watching you and Scarlett together, hearing your conversations as you two sit at the fairy doll house, and I'm thankful you'll always have each other.

Your first day:


And you, today:


We love you Esther, happy third birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment