Monday, May 13, 2013

En Route to Charleston

Yesterday we had a low-key and perfect Mother's Day.  Every day as Scarlett's mom is pretty great, really.  Charlie made me banana pancakes, then we just spent the day at home and running a few errands.  We got sushi for dinner, and Scarlett ate homemade ice cream that the neighbor gave us.  We read lots of books, she gave me lots of kisses, she promised to pick me lots of flowers.

Then today, I'm at the airport again, going on a work trip again.  I thought, after 3 trips in 3 months, this would be easy.  I'm going to Charleston, and I'll also get to visit my brother there which is incredibly exciting.  But always, going away from this little person is hard.  She's been saying that she's 'honeyed' to me- like stuck to me- so that I can't be away from her.  It sounds nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment