Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Elladay

We had a whirlwind weekend, saw a few of our most favorite people, and ate cake for breakfast.  It started out with my return trip from Charleston- I flew straight to Seattle, Charlie and Scarlett came to get me there.  Charleston is really lovely, and it was great visiting my brother, but OH BOY did I miss my little frog!  She's been overly affectionate since I returned- extra hugs, extra kisses, extra complaints when can't be rightthisclose to her at all times.  It's good fortune, because I feel the same way.

Ella and Scarlett decorated the birthday cake.  Morning birthday parties are the best.  Cake is the best breakfast.  I wish we could have this every weekend.


Pre-party, we took some walks around the block.  This picture on the right really sums up their personalities for me perfectly.  Ella is active, she's laughing, she runs faster than I do.  Scarlett is pensive, she takes her time, she holds Arnie by his sad, loved little neck.  

Pinata time...  [Not pictured here are: bouncy house time, bouncy house with ball pit time, balloon animal time.]

I remember the first time I saw Ella, sitting in her car seat with a head full of really dark hair.  Now she is four, which is unbelievable.  How time can pass this fast, I just don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Now, who is the really handsome guy in the Pinata picture? He looks like he could just rip that Pinate apart with his bare hands :)
    Congrats to Ella for being 2/3s to 6 y.o., when she will get her own house so she can make her own rules ;)

    ReplyDelete