Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekending

We had a quiet, low-key weekend, which was good because our April and May are shaping up to be busy and exhausting.  The sun is out, but it's deceptive.  Once we get outside, we realize it's still the season for cold fingers and ears.  Luckily, Scarlett takes her frog hat everywhere, and if it's not cold enough to wear, she just carries it around. 

Our weekend involved an outing to Salt & Straw for ice cream with Polly.  Scarlett liked this big horse, and when I told her the sign said no riding the horse, she wanted to see it. 

Their salt ice cream with the caramel ribbon is sooooo delicious.  Even though Polly refuses to try it.  Scarlett wanted chocolate, or swirl.  I told her, this place has lots of different kinds, but she still said chocolate.  Finally, she ended up with chocolate ice cream that had brownie chunks.


In the spirit of messy experiments, we put packing peanuts into water to watch them dissolve ("ice peanuts", she called them).  Scarlett liked this, until the end when the half-wet peanuts stuck to her legs.

I call this shot 'pondering'.  Her eyes are the same blue as her dress.  Isn't she perfect?  I just love her to pieces. I asked her to smile and she said 'I AM smiling, mama'. 

But the best part of the weekend was that we discovered another playground near our house.  I think it's fairly new, and mostly gated in.  Scarlett and I had a blast on the merry-go-round, and really fast slides, and a bunch of other toys that I can't even describe.  Scar did the best jazz hands pose the world has ever seen...


No comments:

Post a Comment