Monday, January 7, 2013

Big deal birthdays

We went to Eugene this weekend to celebrate two BIG DEAL birthdays.  

This handsome fellow here happened to be turning one.  ONE!  I remember when he was born and now he's practically in college already!

And my dad's 60th birthday was on Friday.  Hi dad!  Hope this print isn't too small for your old man eyes!  I hope someone found you a walker and a cane so you could get to the computer to read this post!  I hope you... I can't think of any other old age jokes, but you get the drift.  Happy big deal birthday, daddy!

On Saturday, we celebrated my dad's birthday at a Thai restaurant, with friends my parents have known for a long time.  Everyone at the party was also at our wedding seven years ago- save for one guy who was invited but couldn't come.  So it was nice to catch up.  Or, it would have been if Scarlett hadn't been so wiggly  squirming all over the bench and then running to see Grandma "(Not you, Mama.  I want to see YOUR Mama."), running back to me, refusing to eat, knocking things over, etc.  


We celebrated Oliver's birthday the first night- and Christmas, since we hadn't all been together in months- and the little guy had applesauce muffins and pretty much fell asleep before the presents were opened.  Kelly and I waited until the kids were asleep, then we ate a lot of ice cream.

I would like to title the above picture 'Johan and his twin'.

I would like to title the above picture 'At Least One Karlsen Knows How to Look at a Camera.'


No comments:

Post a Comment