Monday, November 26, 2012

Dear Scarlett

Dear Scarlett,

I haven't written you a letter in a while, and there are a million things I want to say.  You are growing into a smart, stubborn, very chatty little girl and I couldn't be more proud to be your mom.  You sing and chatter to me at the grocery store, making observations about everything you see.  We get a lot of smiles, because you look so cute and happy I guess, and I think I look like a pretty happy mom. Grandma-aged women in particular seem to smile at you.

Lately, you have been extra loving your mama, so we cuddle under blankets to read books and occasionally you ask me to snuggle up next to you when you're falling asleep.  Last night you wrapped your arms around my neck and said 'I love hugging you' and then 'I love kissing you'.  I love those things too!

You've regained interested in Q&A, 'what could I not do when I first came out of your tummy?' and 'tell me things little girls cannot do'. I say, you could not eat popsicles, you could not play outside, you could not say Arnie.  Sometimes you call me mom, sometimes mama. 

At night, you still ask me to talk about your day.  But it's turned into more of a conversation, where you tell me about games you played and things you saw, sometimes these events are from past days. 

You have grown so tall, you like to say "I'm as tall as you mama!"

Your favorite things are Arnie, reading books, playing with cars, and coloring.  A new activity is that you listen to books on tape on the laptop, and you sit up by the computer so you can watch the screen saver as you listen to the story.

You still seem afraid of loud noises, but now you're able to tell me that you're scared.  And sometimes, when there are lots of people in one room, you go into another room and sit in the corner with a book. When I can't find you at your cousin's house, you are usually sitting on the floor by the fairy house, quietly, playing alone. 


I just love every minute with you. 
Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment