Monday, June 4, 2012

From Portland with love

Dear Charlie,

Scarlett and I spent the weekend in Eugene and when we came home last night, the house was very empty without you.  When she woke up this morning, she asked where daddy is.  I keep reminding her, that you are in Boston with Max, his belly hurts a little and you are there to give him extra love so he will get better.  She seems happy with that answer, but she asks about you every day anyway.

  • We have been reading Make Way for Ducklings a lot, because the ducklings are in Boston like daddy.
  • Scarlett got to pet chickens, she went into the neighbor's back yard but not into the chicken's house.  She found this much more pleasing than just looking at them through the fence like normal.
  • Today we ate lunch and she directed me to sit in your chair, and Laundry Bear sat in my chair, and she sat in her own chair.
  • I asked what her favorite part about our trip to Eugene was.  She said, playing on Grandma and Grandpa's bed.  But, I would have guessed it was playing with Lucas' toys.
  • Today before naptime she said 'I am make sure-ing the right friends sleep in the shopping cart.'
  • One of her books ends with 'What do you think Star Catcher wishes for?' and today she said, she wishes for a snack.


I'm glad you got to visit friends.  I will be glad when you get home too.
We love you and miss you.
Emily and Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment