Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

I didn't write a blog post last weekend about Mother's Day, which seemed fine at the time.  But this week I started thinking, what if one day, ten years from now, I try to remember what we did on Mother's Day when Scarlett was two?  What if I can't remember?  Last year, I had the beginnings of what turned into the flu, so we didn't do much.  This year, we had a whole weekend of fun and it deserves to be recorded.

Saturday:
Camping!
Charlie camped Friday night in celebration of Eddie's birthday, but I'm still leery of sleeping in a tent with Scarlett, because I'm not convinced she would actually sleep, and because she's noisy and I didn't want to wake the others at 6am.  And, I don't love camping anyway.  So she and I stayed home for a mom-Scarlett party on Friday night, and came out Saturday for a day camp. Scarlett loved the campsite.  Most of all, she loved 1. marshmallows, and 2. peeing in the woods.






Sunday: 
I went for a 4 mile run on Sunday.  When I looped back to our house, Charlie came outside with Scarlett in the jogging stroller, and we did another 4 miles together.  I love family runs, and we do them so rarely because Charlie runs faster than I do, and because pushing the jogging stroller is the very definition of NOT FUN.  But Sunday's run was nice, and at one point another family out on a walk yelled Happy Mother's Day, which made me so happy. 

We made breakfast sandwiches after that, then Scarlett and I went to Noelle's baby shower while Charlie did a lot of yard work.  Thank you Charlie, the yard looks lovely and I'm excited to have some greens planted!  Noelle is due in less than a month now, and she's really happy to be having a baby girl, which is appropriate as baby girls are the best kind to have.

Then, we walked up to the Country Cat for dinner.  The plan was sushi, but sushi places appear to be closed on Sundays.  So I drank sweet tea and we sat outside and Scarlett colored some pictures and we ate, and I was with my family and I was happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment