Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ella, age 3

I remember the phone call I got on the day Ella was born.  I remember first meeting her, she was a couple days old, they came to pick me up at the train station, she was sleeping in a car seat.  She had lots of dark hair.  Suddenly she's three!

There was a bouncy house at Ella's birthday party, but Scarlett was afraid to go in.  There was a sandbox though and a super delicious cake, and even though it poured over the weekend, it was sunny and dry during party hours.

This was also Charlie & Scarlett's first opportunity to meet little Oliver, who is four months old and so cute and super happy, and he looks just like his daddy.  It was nice to hold a little baby who doesn't demand snacks or try to climb over me.


 
 

And Scarlett did something in Tacoma that she's never done before- she asked to take a nap.  She slept a short amount in the car en route, and then after we arrived and had lunch and played for a while, she asked if she could go sleep in Ella's room.  She took a long nap, and I finally had to wake her because she was sleeping through the party.  A big highlight for her was taking a bath in the big tub, "Someday we will have a big tub in our house."  Sigh, I wish.


1 comment: