Monday, March 5, 2012

Stripes at dinnertime

Lately, Scar has been really disinterested in dinner.  She eats 3 breakfasts, and lots of snacks and a normal lunch.  I can't blame her, breakfast food is the best!  But after her nap, she doesn't want very much else.  And she certainly doesn't want to sit at the table with us.  The scene was no different at my parents' house- their bed is just tall enough that she can climb on and off it by herself, and with all the pillows, it was far too tempting.  Who wants to sit at a boring table when you can mess up a nicely-made bed!





After she went to sleep, Lauren and I had trouble opening a wine bottle.  Which is surprising, since I have a lot of experience with that.
We did finally get the wine open, but it wasn't pretty.  Other things I had trouble opening in Eugene were 1. a two-litre bottle of Sprite to make punch (I ended up cutting off the bottom), and 2. a glass bottle of tea (unsuccessful).

3 comments:

  1. I need wine now. And more Scar and Em time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that photo of Lauren = classic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Reminds me of when I lived in Mexico. I opened my wine by screwing a screw into the cork then pulling it out with a pair of pliers. It probably took me an hour!

    ReplyDelete