Saturday, January 14, 2012

23 months

Dear Scarlett,

Today I am leaving you for two overnights, to visit baby Oliver and Ella. I hope that I don't miss you too much, and don't feel homesick for you the way I did when I first came back to work and left you for whole days. Until now, I have spent only 4 overnights away from you, in your whole life. So I feel sad.  But I admit I'm a little excited about getting to see Ella without also sharing the attention with you.

This month:
  • Daddy asked you who your favorite Blazer is. You said 'Arnie!' and then 'Mama!' 
  • You've been peeing on the potty, but we're having less luck with #2
  • Two new baby boys were born, who will be your friends as we grow up.  
  • Your favorite song is Happy Birthday.  You love singing happy birthday, so we have listed off all the people we know and their birthdays and then we sing to them.  You clap enthusiastically and smile big at the end.
  • You shouted 'Christmas lights!' at every lit house.  So we took you to see lights at Peacock lane, at Zoo Lights, and at the grotto.  I hope these will become our Christmas traditions.  Celebrating the Christmas season with you was more fun than it's ever been.


One month from today will be your BIG DEAL birthday.  I love you and can't wait to celebrate it with you.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment