Friday, November 18, 2011

Silver Falls

Scarlett's Grandma Diane came to visit, so we went on a little hike around Silver Falls. Scarlett grudgingly agreed to ride in her dad's backpack, mostly because I bribed her with honey nut rice cakes.  She's tried to jump into a waterfall before, so we weren't taking any chances.

 
 
 
We decided to have dinner in Silverton after, but ominously, the only open restaurant was a completely empty Mexican joint.  So we ate, and then the lights went out.  Not just in the restaurant, but in the entire district.  The drive home involved long winding roads with no power polls.  The next morning I asked Scarlett what
happened at dinner with grandma, and she remembered "lights".

This morning, I heard her rustling around in her room.  I went to peek at her crib, and she was just sitting there.  She looked at me and said 'Bob Dylan'.

1 comment:

  1. Really? She really said "Bob Dylan"??? That's awesome. I'm still waiting for an update on the Ice, Ice Baby mission...

    ReplyDelete