Monday, November 14, 2011

21 months

Dear Scarlett,

This is the month you started speaking in full sentences.  And since the portal has opened, you haven't stopped chattering.  I love this about you.

You like to put her gnome on the diaper pail at night and say, "Gnome is watchin' you sleep." And "Gnome stand on dirty diapers."  Yesterday at a restaurant, you said the crayons were watching you eat. 

You like to blame gnome, and panda, for your misdeeds.  "Panda turned the water on."  The thing is that panda isn't big enough to climb up the sink, and doesn't have the physical dexterity to turn the sink handles.  I know this, but you don't know that I know this. 

Then there's the story about Lucy and the butter.  We've been hearing this story for probably two months.  When you first started telling it, it was one word at a time.  'Lucy.... hands.... butter....Shaggy....no'.  You've been telling the story so long now that you've got the full sentences, "Lucy put hands in butter.  Shaggy say not to."  You also tell us about Esther going over by the fireplace, and Sally telling her not to.  The theme is: tattle-taling on your friends.

Our night time routine still starts with the bath- now you have rubber whales and a dolphin, from Grandma.  Then I lotion you up, and put you in jammies, and your dad holds you while you give a good night kiss to everything on your shelf, which is:
piggy bank
Scarlett O'Hara doll
two glass whales
bottle of Dr. Bronner's
bottle of tea tree oil
picture of Mama and Daddy ("wedding, married")
and. the family photo

Then, you and daddy turn off the light and I hold you, we gnome kiss and regular kiss.  I set you in your crib, and I sit next to you and read books.  Right before I leave the room, we gnome kiss through the bars and you tell me something about your day.  "Scarlett toss Cooper a cookie."  Or "Gnome is watching you sleep." 



I'm so proud of you and what a big girl you are becoming.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment