Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My, how times have changed.

Last year, during the first week of December, we assembled a crib and matching dresser. Charlie sanded and painted the nursery walls and baseboards.  Our plan was to paint the walls purple, even though neither of us really wanted them purple- when we had our hands on my belly and were running through the colors, the baby kicked on 'purple'.  We decided not to leave town again until she was born, because we didn't want to get stuck giving birth on the side of the highway.
By this point in pregnancy, my hips hurt at night so much that I had to turn from side to side every half hour.  It was a difficult feat- involving a lot of grunting and trying to move my big belly really slowly so I didn't hurt my back.  But, overall, I really loved being pregnant.  Sometimes I miss that feeling of anticipation, not knowing exactly what was in store for us but knowing it'd be amazing.

32 weeks:



This year, I get to put my sweet daughter to sleep at night- lately, she's been falling asleep on my lap while I hum Christmas songs, then I set her down on her belly in that same crib.  I say a silent prayer of thanks every night while she's falling asleep- thanks for giving me this perfect baby, thanks that she's healthy and happy, thanks that she is so affectionate.  She's recently started kissing the polar bear in one of her books.


And this year, there's something new to look forward to, coming up soon.  Erin, 33 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment