Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Age 7

Dear Scarlett,

Your seventh birthday was a success on all accounts.  You woke up a little early and yelled MAMA.  The night before, you asked 'what will my first word be when I'm seven?'

For school, you colored your hair with pink and green hair chalk, and wore a brand new black & purple dress that daddy bought the night before.  You seem so big. In fact, you are 55 pounds and 49 inches, which the doctor says is the exact height and weight of the average 8 year old.  We offered to let you skip age 7 for this reason, but you are excited about 7.

For the first time, I had lunch with you at school.  On past birthdays I've asked, and you always said no, you want to have lunch with your friends.  But this year, you were excited for me to have lunch with you, and I was very happy. Then your class hosted a Special Friends Day celebration- a party where you all made smoothies and popcorn. Aunt Sally came to that, and you told daddy and I explicitly that you are not hosting us, you are hosting Aunt Sally. 

Dinner was sushi, ordered-in so you could play with your cousins while we waited, and an ice cream cake. 

We had a party with your cousins and family friends, and another with your school friends.  Both parties had a lot of balloons, and some crafts, and cookie decorating.  


Gifts (because you always ask, years later, what you got for past birthdays)
Headphones- which you asked for every time someone asked what you want.  I said- do not ask everyone for headphones or you'll get 5 pair!  You said Mama, I know you already bought me headphones.  It's true that I did.
Lap desk- which we envisioned you using to write or draw on car trips, or while sitting on the couch or your bed.  So far, it's been used for you to draw pictures while going potty.  You said "this was a good gift!"

We are so proud to be your parents.  I love you tremendously.
Mama

1 comment: