Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day (Scarlett has the Best Daddy)

We started Father's Day with huge plates of breakfast at this diner-type place that Charlie likes, where the food is huge and there's a lot of bacon and the waitresses are stern.  One brought me some questionable homemade seasoning to put on my salmon benedict- and at this place, you just do what you're told- so I used some, even though I was happy with the food as-is.  Scarlett and her cousins got their after-breakfast workout by running up & down the hill next to the restaurant. 

We went for a bike ride downtown, stopped at a fountain to get completely soaking wet, then we had afternoon drinks & dessert before riding home.  And then, steak for dinner, because that's the type of thing the father in this household likes best. 




Then I felt a little sad that I couldn't remember what we did on Scarlett's first father's day, because I didn't have a blog then, so I dug up some pictures.  Looks like a trip to the Edgefield - still a Dickerson family favorite.




No comments:

Post a Comment