Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Don't Drink the Water

There was a whole hullabaloo in PDX this weekend- over the holiday, of course- where ecoli was found in the water supply and everyone went on alert. Don't drink the water, boil everything, throw away all the ice you've made in the past 3 days.  Etc.  Luckily, we were heading out of town and only had to deal with it for about 6 hours. 

We told Scarlett the water wasn't clean and that we'd use bottled water for a little bit.  But, she must have heard us talking about the details because once we returend home from our trip, she said, I think it has that person poop in it.  A person accidentally pooped in the water. 

Oh my dear, I love her so much.

We went to Bend, where the water was clean.  Heather and I ran a half-marathon through the hills and dusty trails of Bend, and it was hard, but at the finish I was greeted with the sweetest smile and hug from my little lass.  She will hug me tight even when I'm sweaty and covered in trail dust. That is unconditional love, right there.

Then we took a 7-person ride in a surry, and what I pictured was a jolly, peaceful ride around the waterfront. Mostly though it was complaining about how hard it is to pedal (me), complaining about where they were sitting (kids), concern that Charlie was going to drive us into an embankment (Heather), etc.  But LOOK!  It's a SURRY WITH A FRINGE ON TOP!  Who wouldn't have fun in that??!! 

Scarlett did a kid race the day before our run- Heather's daughter ran with her, though "ran" is a loose term.  Scarlett's running is mostly bouncing, hopping, laughing, and overall moving pretty slowly.  She has this exuberance, it makes me so happy to watch her.

At the race expo, the girls made fairy wands and fancy bracelets, ate snacks, bounced in bouncy-houses, and got a whole lotta vitamin D.  



No comments:

Post a Comment